Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Pony Express Collection -- a review

The Pony Express Romance Collection: Historic Express Mail Route Delivers Nine Inspiring RomancesThe Pony Express Romance Collection: Historic Express Mail Route Delivers Nine Inspiring Romances

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was excited to dip into the Pony Express collection of novellas because it brought to mind one my favorite television series of the early ‘90s. Anybody remember The Young Riders? Fun stuff. This collection is chock full of that kind of historical romantic adventure. I particularly enjoyed Pegg Thomas’s Embattled Hearts. It’s gritty, and her voice is very rich and strong – true to the setting and period, which is something I particularly like in historical fiction. It gives realism to the romance. I have a few of the stories still to read, but I look forward to some pleasurable hours ahead.



View all my reviews

No comments: