Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I have exciting book news! (x3)


So let's just get right to it.
 
1) I am so thrilled to tell you that I've signed a contract with Iron Stream Media / Smitten Historical Romance for the sequel to my 2019 Selah Award Finalist and two-time Book of the Year nominee Mist O'er the VoyageurSong for the Hunter will release in January 2022.

With the bizarreness of 2020, you could have blown me over when my agent called to tell me the news. In the months ahead, I'll share more about the story and the history along with some pictures of the setting (a favorite place). I will tell you now that the story takes place one year after the other book. In the meantime, if you haven't read 
Mist O'er the Voyageur, now would be a good time to move it up your queue.
 

 
2.) As you know, I've been reissuing my back list of out-of-print books under the Long Lake Books banner, re-edited, revised, and updated of course. I hope you'll join me to welcome the newest of those older titles. THE LOVE COWARD releases on November 6, but you can pre-order the e-book here. YES, there will be a paperback too. It was a joy to revisit Tulla's story. If you like sweet historical romance with a Hallmark feel, I think you'll enjoy it. 
 

 
WWII is finally over, and Tulla Johanson can hardly wait to move on and marry her long-time flame Burke Delgard. But when Burke backs out on their wedding day, and his best man Van finds her hiding her humiliation in his Hudson, it’s soon uncertain who'll turn out to be the bigger love coward? And what happens if all of them have a change of heart? READ MORE ABOUT IT HERE.

3) As for my final book news, I have a deal to share with you. October 8th remembered our nation's deadliest fire. Yes, it ran concurrent with the Chicago Fire, but Peshtigo's fire was farther north, consuming over 1,200,000 acres in northeast Wisconsin. News of what was happening up north was slow in reaching the governor, so many resources had already been rushed to aid Chicago. Sadly, the Great Peshtigo fire left an estimated 1500-2500 people dead. The reason for the wide calculations in mortality was because of the unknown number of people spread throughout the "sugar bush" country, including those at the logging camps, farmers, railroad crew workers, indigenous communities, and so on. To commemorate that historic event, my novelized story of the Peshtigo Fire is on sale for 99 cents today through Friday, October 24th. Five days only. Get it here.
 
Sometimes people ask if I have a favorite book baby. I couldn't choose a favorite any more than I could choose a favorite child, but the characters in The Red Fury are definitely near and dear to my heart.

About the Book:
Peshtigo, Wisconsin ~ 1870
Spurned twice since the death of her first love in a logging accident, Lainey Kade has become the object of talk. "That Lainey, she's a shrew all right. Not ever going to marry, likely," the gossips say. Fleeing heartache and flaunting convention, Lainey seeks solace instead in seeking adventure and breaking the rules.

Embarking on a journey, where she hopes to put the past behind, Lainey crosses paths with brothers Zane and Kelly Beaumont and pretends to be a married woman. It isn't long, however, before they find her out. She soon forges an adventurous companionship with these men whose nightmares since the Civil War have never let them return home.

Following the lead of the next thrill, the ties of their friendship tighten, and Lainey denies love's rekindling spark. But, as fires rage across the Wisconsin wilderness and a dry summer turns deadly, the brothers' attraction to her may tear them each apart, and Lainey may be consumed by the fury burning inside her.
 

Thanks for Reading!
During the course of the coming months, I'll be looking for some avid readers and reviewers to join my launch team. If you're interested in helping to get the word out about Song for the Hunter or any of my other books, please give me a shout out at muschfarm(at)yahoo.com or on social media. Thank you!

No comments: